Designed To Inspire Effective Teaching And Learning
The Foundation offers Tusd educators funding through two grant programs:
1. innovative grant program
This is a competitive grants program based on creativity, innovation and out-of-the-box thinking. TUSD teachers are encouraged to apply. These competitive grants are judged without regard to school. A maximum of $2,500 will be awarded per grant.
- New projects that create memorable learning experiences
- Creative cross-curricular projects that excite students and teachers
- Projects that exemplify why TUSD is at the forefront of exploration and innovation
- Projects may serve a classroom, department, school or multiple schools
We do not fund:
- Established programs (see Classroom and School Grants for ongoing programs)
- Prizes, incentives, or travel; non-academic costs, such as facility improvements, building, and maintenance expenses; nor purchases made prior to the grant award.
Who can apply?
- Any and all TUSD teachers
2. Classroom and School-Wide Grant PRogram
Tustin Unified principals may apply, using applications from teachers, departments, or school-wide initiatives. Grants of up to $3,000 are available per school.
- Classroom or school-wide projects
- Programs in any subject area that directly support student learning objectives
- Materials, supplies and/or curricula directly related to the project
- Teacher professional development
- Assemblies, speakers and curriculum-related student field trips
We do not fund:
- Prizes, incentives, or travel
- Non-academic costs, such as facility improvements, building, and maintenance expenses
- Purchases made prior to the grant.
Who can apply?
- Tustin Unified principals, using applications from teachers, departments or school-wide initiatives
- Multiple applications may be submitted, as long as the total does not exceed the maximum award ($3,000 for early bird, $2,000 for final)
Innovative Grant recipients talk about their programs in the video above.
Need an idea? Check out the grants funded last year.
Old Town Tustin Grants
Through a partnership with the Tustin Preservation Conservancy and the Tustin Historical Society, grants are available to 3rd grade classes to visit Old Town Tustin. The Foundation will cover the cost of busing students to Old Town, when other funding is not available.
Tustin Unified 3rd grade teachers and/or administrators can apply.
Banking on Books Library Grants
The Foundation awards grants to every TUSD school library to help meet the ongoing need for new books and reference materials. In past years, the Foundation has partnered with Barnes & Noble Booksellers for a community-wide book fair that supports this program. We have also used proceeds from our PATS teacher recognition program to fund library grants.
The policy of the Foundation requires that a Grant Evaluation Form be submitted for any grant awarded. The Evaluation Form must be submitted to be considered for the next year's Grant Program.